Hospice Care from AmeraCare
AmeraCare’s Home Hospice services provide an increased level of comfort, dignity, and respect to end-of-life care. We consider it a privilege to be there for your family during this challenging time.
At AmeraCare we know that choosing hospice isn’t easy. It is our goal to give our patients the freedom of choice, and to include the whole family in receiving the support they need during this time. You can learn more by reading frequently asked questions about hospice care.
Hospice care is available as a resource for many people at the end stage of life. AmeraCare works with your physician to provide many services including medical supplies, medications, equipment, home care visits from your nurse, counselling services and more.
Do you think you or your family member may need Hospice care?
We’re here to help. Call 985-893-3301 to speak to a hospice care giver today.
We offer four different levels of hospice care:
- Routine Care: provides intermittent hospice care wherever the patient is residing. This includes patients primary residence, nursing facility, or an assisted living facility.
- Respite Care: provides assistance that allows the patient’s primary caregiver to rest.
- Continuous Care: short-term crisis management of pain or symptoms in the patients home.
- General inpatient Care: provides short-term crisis management of pain or symptoms in an inpatient unit during the hospice stay.
To Qualify for Hospice Care with AmeraCare Family Hospice:
- The patient’s physician must agree that the patient has an estimated life expectancy of six months or less, if the illness runs its normal course.
- The patient and family desire hospice care to make the patient more comfortable.
- A physician has been identified to coordinate the care of the patient.
- The patient must reside in our service area.
Eligible Illnesses include, but are not limited to:
- Pulmonary diseases
- Kidney diseases
- Parkinson’s disease
- Neurological diseases
- Metastatic cancer
- Liver diseases
- Lou Gehrig’s (ALS) disease
- End stage Heart diseases
For more information see our Home Hospice FAQs.